Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Dream Deferred...and deferred...and deferred

Greetings All! In some ways, I feel silly for even posting at this moment. It has been over a year since I last posted to this blog. But at, at the same time, I don't mind sharing where I am in the process. For all intents and purposes, I am at a stand still. Life stops for no man and especially not for this woman. *smile* I've been enjoying my beautiful baby girl who is 2 now and working my behind off at this PhD which I hope to complete next year. If I was easily discouraged, I would see my deferred dream of really getting this nonprofit off the ground as an impossible feat. But, I'm a little too hard-headed and optimistic for that. Plus, I am a true believer in delayed gratification. So, with all that being said, due to relocation and job changes, I will be adding new members to my Board of Directors and I plan to continue making small steps towards getting this nonprofit launched. I will continue to share information and hope to make great strides once I am further along in my dissertation research. Feel free to share your stories with me and we can encourage each other. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment